Nov 20, 2020 by
a text entry box
Nov 13, 2020 at 12am - Nov 20, 2020 at 11:59pm
This assignment was locked Nov 20, 2020 at 11:59pm.
As you read this story, think about what parts are fact and what parts are
|It was almost Halloween, and Maria still hadn’t thought of a costume.
Her sister Louisa was going as a hot dog, and Maria thought that was the
best idea ever. Louisa always took Maria trick-or-treating, and they always
had costumes that went together. But this year, Louisa had been too busy
with her friends to help Maria with a costume. Maria didn’t know what to do.
Maria was looking in some magazines for costume ideas when her
mom asked her to go with her to the grocery store. At the store, in the
Halloween candy aisle, Maria saw a tall, pointed red hat that gave her a
great idea. The hat only cost two dollars, so Maria’s mom bought it for her.
Maria skipped all the way to the car. She had a costume! She was going to
Choose if each statement is a Fact or Opinion:
1. Maria thought Louisa’s costume was great. fact or opinion
2. Louisa’s costume was a hot dog. fact or opinion
3. Louisa had been too busy to help Maria. fact or opinion
4. Maria was happy about her costume idea. fact or opinion
5. The red hat cost two dollars. fact or opinion
You've already rated students with this rubric. Any major changes could affect their assessment results.